Well I have decided to join the blogging world as well. I thought it looked to be good way to stay in touch with friends I don't normally get to talk to often. My life isn't as exciting as most. Let see I am the only surviving child of three. My family is pretty small, my mom is one of three and my dad is one of two. So when I re-met Travis it was bit much for me to take since his mom is one of seven and his dad one of three. The first time I went to a family dinner with him I was terrified. I will have to say I am adjusting well especially since we have been married for seven years. I am a stay-at-home mom now. I used to be career minded, have a job in the fashion industry (visual design) didn't want to think about getting married until 25 and then have 2 kids a few years later. Well I ended up getting engaged at 21, married at 23, mom to one by 24 and mom to two by 29. I did the fashion world for a while and got tired of dealing with the superficial side of the business and no consideration for people with families and lives outside of their work. Anyway about my kids... Gabby is 6 and in kindergarten. She is my wild child. She dresses wild and acts wild (if it is brightly colored or has an outrageous print) she wears it mixed together. She asked me the other day how much longer she had to go to school and I had to laugh. I said this is just the beginning and to expect at least another 12-16 years. She thought I was telling her a joke. Ethan is my "little man". He is the only grandson and the youngest so he doesn't get spoiled at all. He terrorizes the cats, thinks Gabby is the greatest thing since sliced bread and is a cuddler. He loves soft/fuzzy blankets and his big teddy bear he got from Santa. Travis is my hubby who I don't get to see much of lately. He normally works 10-12 hour days doing graphic design. He gets home in enough time to tuck Gabby into bed, read her a story and fall asleep next to her. I left my job last June to stay at home with Ethan. Between the cost of school and daycare I was loosing money by working....how sad is that. Anyway I have lucked out and found work that I can do from home. I spend a few hours a day turning typed nursing home procedure manuals into electronic format. I know it sounds sooo exciting but it isn't a bad deal. I type up the material, email it to the company along with the hours I worked and they mail me a check. If everything goes well I will have a years worth of work. Well Gabby will be home from school soon so I will chat some more later.
Amanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome! I learned allot about you in that brief little blog!! Glad your blogging with us! I stay at home to .... how did you get that work you can do at home?? Can you send me some info? I look forward to reading more! Have a great day! :)
Post a Comment