Monday, January 28, 2008

Oh' how our babies grow up too fast :(

Well, my weekend flew by. Saturday we left home mid-morning to go see Travis's parents. His mom's birthday was Saturday. We stopped by Jake's office so Travis could letter-up his new company car. We visited with him and John (old friend from high school) for a while and then took off toward Waynetown. Spent a good part of the day at the in-laws which was nice and relaxing. Gabby and her cousin's played for hours. Spent the night at my parents (they live all of 5 miles from each other so when you see one you need to see the other, it's only fair). Sunday I worked some more on my nursing home manual. It will be done today and I get to move on to a dietary manual next. I had a great uncle pass away so we went to the viewing for that Sunday afternoon. My mom is a funeral director and owns her own funeral home so that is where the viewing was held. So we still got to visit with my parents. Gabby is use to having a run of the building when we go to the funeral home to see mom but when there are services she has to act like a little lady which can be tough for her. Anyway back to the title of my blog (babies growing up). After we left the services we stopped by my Aunts house to have her cut the kids hair. Got to love family connections. Between Travis and my family there are doctors, lawyers, hair dresser, mechanic, teacher, vet, priest, and funeral director. You are taken care of from the time you enter this world all the way through the end ;). Anyway enough of my rambling. Gabby and Ethan had hair cuts last night. Gabby had about 6 inches taken off to make her hair shoulder length. She looks so cute and grown up with her short hair. Little man (who also is 13 months old today) had his first hair cut. He did really well, no crying or fighting. He just sat on the counter looking in the mirror watching aunt terry. I saved a few hair clippings for his baby book and took about 20 pictures. I have to say he is my little gentleman now. Well I hear Ethan waking up so I will chat later.

Amanda

No comments: